Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Rick Ruby takes your questions #3


It appears to me that our country, let alone the rest of the world, ain't in the best
of shape right now. When do you think things will get better? -- Fed Up in Chicago

If you walk the same streets I do and see the same folks I do everyday, you find it hard to think things'll ever get better, but hey, you gotta have hope, right? Besides, when you've managed to live through the mess (we'll just leave it at that for now) I've been through, you start to wonder if anything, and I do mean anything can really lay you low. I've faced it all -- bullets, Nazis, jealous dames, jealous husbands, conniving singers, and more than a few years in the alleys myself (and I don't mean the swanky dives that My Man Godfrey hung out in) -- so I like to think of myself as something of a survivor. And, well, if a two-bit flunky like me can survive, I figure most anybody can.

No comments:

Post a Comment